Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, June 24, 2013

It's my birthday!

Hello my family and friends that I just love sooo much (: I cant believe its my birthday and the last year I will be a teenager! Thank you mom for your love that you have for me! Everyday I count my blessings because of the love that we have for each other! Our family is so special and we really can laugh about anything!

I heard that the mail is being held until the 1st of July because they are switching mission offices right now. But i should get it soon. I usually get mail twice a week, from Paige or Noah!
That sounds like heck about your work! What some crazy experiences you have had already! But yeah, just pray about your jobs, and I know the lord will direct you. You are such an amazing hard working mom and I love you with all my heart.
Well, as you know, I am still here in AZ, which is weird because I thought that this past week I would leave but I feel like I needed to be here everyday this past week, so I'm okay (:
Monday, I made my birthday cake and it was sooo good, the zl's and my companion were too scared to put it in the bowl with milk haha but they still liked it! Then we had FHE with Ernesto (a really nice member) because he helps us out with everything. It was really good and spiritual, we played some games and talked about blessings. Then we helped an old lady move a T.V. in her house. When we got inside, she had about 15 dogs and it stunk so bad!
Keeping up our family tradition! Birthday cake in milk!!!
Tuesday, we visited Carlos and watched a movie, The Testaments, about Christ in the Americas. It showed the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ and after Carlos cried and he said that his life had changed and he feels so much more happiness in his life. Later that night, we taught the Familia Ruelas and asked the Wife and Daughter to be baptized but they don't know yet, so we will continue to work with them!
Wednesday we went through the Temple with President and his wife because they go home the 1st of July. After the temple we had a meeting with them and a lunch and it was really fun and very spiritual. Later that night  we went to Teresa's house. She is 35 and her dad died recently because of cancer. She isn't a member but she is very smart and is already reading the Book of Mormon. She just always has family problems so its hard to find her, but we are going to try and set up a baptismal date for her this coming week.
Thursday, Elder Duff was sick so we mainly just sat at the house but i studied and wrote you a letter mama (: But that night he felt a little better so we went to the Visitor Center with the Ruelas family and we watched little films about families. The parents have been together for 10 years and have 5 kids and guess what we found out...they are not married!! ):  But i think we'll be able to get them married. It'll take a little bit longer to get them baptized, but we shall see.
Friday we went to Carlos's house and watched a movie about Thomas S. Monson and he enjoyed it a lot. It was cool though because he told us to come over because he missed us haha it was so awesome! For Dinner, I ate cow intestines and I'm pretty sure the intestines were still digesting because it was not clean and tasted like poop! I almost threw up on the spot haha but i held it in! Luckily they had some steak (:
Saturday morning we had breakfast for Fathers Day. Carlos even brought some non-member work friends that we were able to talk to. We will send missionaries over soon because they live in phoenix. Later we dropped by Angie's house but she is in New Mexico for the next couple of weeks. But we taught her friend Alandra. She is also 13 and she thinks the church is so cool and interesting. We invited her to pray about it and tomorrow we hope to go to the Visitor Center with her.
Yesterday, I taught in sunday school! Crazy!! It was actually pretty hard. Even though i used simple Spanish, I think I was able to say everything I needed to! Carlos even payed his tithing and he felt so happy! He's a stud (: Later that night we had dinner and we had cow tongue tacos and they weren't so bad. I remember I had it once in Colorado, remember? so yeah. Then we watched the first presidency presentation about missionary work and it was amazing.
Today has been a wonderful day so far! We woke up at 5:30 and played 2 on 2 against the zone leaders and we won (: Elder Duff and I drained threes! Then we went to a thrift shop and i bought i light gray suit for only 13 bucks!!! And it fits perfectly! Oh...and guess what we are doing after this! We are going to go to the driving range and hit some balls! I cannot wait (: We heard it will be 116 degrees for 3 days in a row this week! deathWe are going to eat some amazing pizza at a members house tonight! and she is making me a birthday cake (: It also sounds like you are doing amazing and you will have a fun night for me! also, I am so excited for you all about the Manti pageant! You will just love the Raab family (:
The people that we are teaching are so awesome and so prepared I do feel really blessed! I do want to go to Peru. I just have no idea when. What a miracle it will be if I got it today on my birthday haha. But thanks  much for the cake. It really hit the spot!

I can't think of any questions right now. Oh guess what?  I am able to read preach my gospel in spanish! I can almost understand everything. It's just speaking that;s hard. I just feel like there is a big weight on me about spanish. but Ii know the Lord will take care of me!
 
Well I love you all. this past week I have felt a little stressed about everything. but I know that I will be okay because the Lord is helping me grow! I am so happy to be here serving and doing the Lord's work! Please count your blessings everyday.
I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment